Nourish Buddha Bowl
Nourish bowls or buddha bowls are all the rage at the moment. You can really load them up with what ever you have in the fridge. Quinoa, chick peas or tofu are good protein components for vegetarians & vegans. Load them up with a rainbow of salad and vegetables, then add a good fat for a healthy balanced nourishing meal. Good fat options could be 1/4 of an avocado, tbls of tahini or nut butter made in to a dressing, tbls of coconut or extra virgin olive oil to dress.
Serves: 2 bowls
You will need:
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked (or chick peas as a protein alternative)
- ½ cup purple cabbage
- 1 beet
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves or kale
- 1 cup of cucumber sliced
- 3 tbsp coconut or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple or rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp organic tamari (wheat free soy)
- 1 garlic clove
- lemon wedges to serve
Lets make it:
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Shred your cabbage, grate the carrots, and spriralize or grate your beets. set aside.
- To make your sauce, mix all ingredients in a bowl or a salad dressing bottle and stir or shake until combined.
- To assemble your bowl, spoon some quinoa onto the bottom of your bowl. Place your cabbage, cucumber, beets, carrots, and alfalfa sprouts in little piles on top. Finish it of with your nourish sauce, and enjoy!
Order ingredients on playt.com for quick and easy delivery