PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
MAKES APPROX: 4
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of oats or oat flour or (almond meal extra protein less fluff).
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (use egg whites only for extra fluff beaten until stiff peaks)
- 3+ tablespoons (or more depending on your preference for thin or thicker pancakes) coconut or almond milk (or milk of your choice).
- 1tbls coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tablespoons vanilla or plain natural protein powder of choice (optional for extra protein)
Topping options ideas:
Mixed berries or banana
Maple, rice malt or coconut syrup
Nut butter of choice
Cacao bibs for ChocChip
Banana ice cream or chocolate avocado mousse yum!? See in recipes.
Let’s make it:
Combine oats or almond meal, protein powder, baking powder in a bowl and mix. Add eggs milk and combine. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan. Add pancake batter in batches until pancakes are cooked through and golden on both sides. Top pancakes with options of choice.
*If you’d like a vegan option, simply omit the eggs and soak 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in 1/2 cup water for at least 10 minutes and then add to pancake batter.