V a n i l l a P r o t e i n P a n c a k es
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
MAKES APPROX: 4
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of oats or oat flour or (almond meal extra protein less fluff).
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (use egg whites only for extra fluff beaten until stiff peaks)
- 3+ tablespoons (or more depending on your preference for thin or thicker pancakes) coconut or almond milk (or milk of your choice).
- 1tbls coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tablespoons vanilla or plain natural protein powder of choice (optional for extra protein)
Topping options ideas:
Mixed berries or banana
Maple, rice malt or coconut syrup
Nut butter of choice
Banana ice cream or chocolate avocado mousse yum!? See in recipes.
Let’s make it:
Combine oats or almond meal, protein powder, baking powder in a bowl and mix. Add eggs milk and combine. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan. Add pancake batter in batches until pancakes are cooked through and golden on both sides. Top pancakes with options of choice.
*If you’d like a vegan option, simply omit the eggs and soak 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in 1/2 cup water for at least 10 minutes and then add to pancake batter.