Chocolate Protein Cookie
Makes approx. 30 cookies
You will need:
220g Lupin Flakes
180g rice malt syrup or stevia to taste
60g almond meal
55g coconut oil
35g cocao powder
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarb soda
1 whole egg + 2 egg yolks or vegan replacement (2 tbls ground chia seeds soaked 5 mins in 6 tbls of water)
Let’s make it:
- Set oven to 190C.
- Line baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Gently whisk yolks and whole egg together and set aside or make chia mixture.
- Mix Lupin Flakes, almond meal, cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarb soda until well blended.
- Melt coconut oil in saucepan, then add rice malt or stevia and stir to combine. Add mix to the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add the whisked eggs or chia and mix further. The batter may look relatively stiff, don’t be alarmed, this is a good thing!
- Wet hands and take 1 dessert spoon amount of batter and roll into balls.
- Place on baking trays leaving a large space between balls to allow expansion of the cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 mins. Remove from oven and let cookies sit on the trays until cool. Cookies may seem soft and underdone when straight from the oven, they will harden and become crisp upon cooling.